Thursday, November 12, 2009

Too busy to enjoy the reason?

I feel like life is a train and it's pulling out of the station and gaining speed and I have one hand on the back rail... running to  keep up and trying to hold onto my kids and help them get on and throwing baggage along the way.... and I just want to let go, put myhands on my knees and try to catch my breath!!
I have reachd a point where I can honestly say... I don't think I can add one more thing - and yet we are in the season where I really want to add lot's of one more things!
Things are more than extremely tight this year, and yet I want to make it one of the best Holiday and Christmas Seasons ever... (it would help a lot if we could find buyers for the puppies..;)... hit... hint) so I would love some of your ideas of what you do during the season that brings your family closer together and helps you really enjoy the season. I know the easy answer is service - an I intend to add that, but I do have young kids and I want to make it  fun for them as well as meaningful.
My sister came up with the idea of 'A season of giving' where you do acts of service as a family and individually everyday til Christmas. I am going to try to incorporate this one... FHE Monday will be our starting point, but I would welcome any other ideas.
I feel completely overwhelmed and unfocussed right now and would love to put the Spirit of Christmas in our home... so if you've never commented before (which is most of you) feel free to do so now!!







And don't forget... we have 12 cute black puppies who will look a lot like this just in time for Christmas!!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Puppies are so cute--good luck with finding buyers.

I think your sister's idea sounds like a GREAT one. Baking for others is always fun. Sending notes to people is always uplifting and doesn't cost too much.
Going to see the lights at the temple. Watching Christmas movies.

I hope you know I appreciate you.

Corrine said...

i have been crying for a few weeks thinking about christmas and how i can't afford to buy something fun for the kids to have their eyes light up christmas morning.

i too am trying to think of something we could do as afamily to make it meaningful for someone elsetoo....

but thereis just this secular side of me, that just loves the gift part of christmas...maybe its because we weeklygo to church and celebrate Christs birth...I don't know...

love Yvonne's ideas...have everyonemake something ..

Adriana said...

Last year I started something new. I choose one Saturday, early December, and I invited my neighbors with their kids for a Christmas Singing night. I made lots of copies of all the Christmas hymns so we could sing together, lots of cookies and hot chocolate. When everyone was here, Marcus read the story of Christ birth (Luke) while the kids listen and ans their character was called, placed it on the nativity scene. Then we had a round of cookies and hot chocolate, then we sang and ate cookies again for good measure. It was fun specially because my neighbors are christian of many different denominations. That night we all came together with our love of Christ. I'm doing it again on the 12th and I know this is a tradition I want to keep.