Saturday, January 5, 2013

Healthy New YEar!

I have had a lot of time the past 2 weeks to reflect on how amazing the human body is. How all the muscles work together to get you up or down , in or out....
It's amazing when you get injured, you all of the sudden pay attention to all of the things that body part helps you do on a regular basis.
During 2012 I think I have spent more time injured and down than my whole life put together. I believe part of that is because I am getting older and more susceptible to injury, but I also believe a large part of it is the weight I have put on in the past 15 years. It's hard for all these amazing parts to function when carrying the load!!
I was once given a blessing that told me my body would serve me well if I took care of it. So I resolve this year to do a much better job of actually showing my Heavenly Father that I am thankful for this miraculous body He gave me by taking care of what I put into it and exercising to lose the extra gained and also strengthen it so that it can serve me well.
There is nothing like being forced to sit life out to baby an ankle or knee - I feel for those who have really debilitating illness or disease as it is a much longer process. I am thankful for my health and this amazing thing called a body!

No comments: