Sunday, January 22, 2012
Be careful what you say...
Be careful what you say... The other night in the middle of a snow storm, our Direct TV went out - the kids were mad and I said "well, no TV until someone clears off the dish." 2 of my boys got their boots and coats on and I figured that they would walk out and realize they couldn't reach the dish on top of the house with anything and come back in to find something else to do... after about 10 minutes, I wondered where they were and looked out the window for them - I couldn't see them and then looked out the other side of the house and saw a ladder against the porch covering... I just about freaked and called out "B and C... you better not be up on that roof!" Next thing I hear are their voices and the clump of boots on the roof and porch covering and see boots coming over the edge. I said "what on earth were you thinking?" they said "you said that the dish needed to be cleared if we wanted to watch T.V. and we couldn't reach it from the ground, so we climbed onto the roof!" I told them that I had no intention of them getting up on a snowy steep roof just so they could watch t.v. - to which C replied - yeah... I just about fell off too! I had to grab the pole to stop my slide!" Really?!! As if that made the situation any better!! They came in and turned on the TV to make sure their efforts weren't in vain. Crazy kids!! Then latter that night Greg climbed up to see how they had done it and I was thinking "what the heck are you doing up there too?!" He was amazed at how close they came to the edge and how hard it was to reach the dish. I told him I didn't need to know that nor did I want him up there! Certainly we can do without TV versus risking life and limb!! I will never understand how the male mind works!! C.R.A.Z.Y!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh gosh, I am glad that none of them fell off and got hurt. All for the love of tv :) I HATE direct TV and that when it snows you have to clean of the dish which is always WAY too high. Yes, I am thankful for the warning of watch what you say. So true!! Love ya!
Sure am glad no one was hurt. Scary.
A great reminder--thanks ; )
Post a Comment